Website Ad Pricing: Some Important Facts & Figures
How much you should spend for advertising for your product or service is always a pertinent question. Website ad pricing depends on several factors. At present, Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, and Instagram are some of the biggest online advertising platforms that users are resorting to. The cost of advertising on Facebook, Google, and Instagram are not the same and every online advertising platform has its pluses and minuses.
How much does it cost to advertise on a website?
Now, you can expand your business via online advertising without much hassle when there are plenty of online advertising platforms available. However, at the same time, the multitude of information can leave newbies a bit puzzled as well.
Each online advertising platform has its advantages and disadvantages and there are plenty of campaign categories, ad layouts, and performance parameters for publicists to take into consideration. “How much does an advertising campaign cost?” is a relevant question that comes to our mind.
Let us take a comprehensive look at the advertising costs on three of the biggest online advertising platforms – Facebook ads, Google Adwords, and Instagram.
Comparative Cost of Advertising
It is always crucial to assess the comparative cost of advertising on Facebook, Google, and Instagram. At the same time, you should remember that each platform has its upsides and downsides. The performance of each platform also has to be taken into account.
- The average cost of advertising on Adwords or Google Ads is $2.32 per click on a group of search-related websites. The average cost per click of an advertisement on the Display Network is less than $0.58.
- The mean CPA (cost-per-action) in a Google ad search campaign is $59.18.
- The average advertising costs for small businesses utilizing Google ads range between $9,000 and $10,000 every month. So, if calculated yearly, it stands around $100,000 to $120,000.
- The usual CPM (cost-per-mille) on Facebook Ads is approximately $10.
- The average CPC (cost-per-click) of an online Facebook advertisement is $1.72. The mean CPA (cost-per-action) on Facebook advertisement is $18.68.
- The costliest keywords in Google ad and Bing Ads charge $50 or higher per click. Typically, these are competitive keywords in sectors that feature elevated customer lifespan worth such as insurance and law.
- Generally, the cost-per-mille (CPM) for Instagram advertisements is around $5. However, the website ad pricing for Instagram is going up as the platform is garnering admiration.
Online advertising rates: How much do Google Ads Cost?
Advertisers regard Google Adwords as the granddaddy of web advertising. So, Google Adwords is not only the biggest online ad platform in the globe but also an indispensable element of the Internet itself. Many people facetiously say that Google is an advertising firm that is a proprietor of a search engine. Nonetheless, this is not a joke in its entirety. The lion’s share of the revenue earned by Google is generated from the online advertising business. This, successively, has allowed Google to remain on the edge of search know-how.
How does the website ad pricing model of Google Adwords work?
Ahead of answering this, we have to delineate which segment of Google’s rambling domain we are taking into consideration – the display network or the search network.
1) Search network
In the case of a search network, ads are generated through a proactive search query that the user enters. Here, the users are proactively searching for ads associated with products and services.
The search network of Google is where the pay-per-click (PPC) ads come, over and beneath the organic search results for a search query made by a user. Since Google does online advertisements that are quite germane to the search query, commercial enterprises that use Google ads can generate premium-quality traffic to the landing pages of their blogs and websites. Rather than demonstrating your ad to massive audiences that may or may not be in the marketplace looking for your items (similar to purchasing billboard space), you can fix your aim at audiences who are particularly looking for the type of products and services you provide. The web ad cost for Google Adwords PPC, as the name suggests, is determined on a cost-per-click basis which implies the advertiser has to pay a nominal amount whenever somebody clicks on an advertisement. The CPC gets worked out in line with a procedure termed ad auction.
2) Display network
Here, the ads are created when they are corresponded with appropriate text or particularly aimed by admen. Users visit pages that have to do with their requirements, curiosities, or profile and are not proactively searching for advertisements.
The display network of Google is the place for display advertisements. The network encompasses the largest part of the index-able web. Despite, advertisers can incorporate high-quality content and media in various display ad layouts like video and animation, the majority of display ads are likely to be banner ads. While advertising on the display network of Google, the three pricing options for web site ad rates are as follows:
- CPC (cost per click) pricing – Pay when somebody clicks on your ad
- CPA (cost per acquisition) pricing – Pay for advertisement views
- CPM (Cost per thousand impressions) pricing – Fix a target CPA and make a payment if your ad results in a conversion.
So, this makes pretty clear how much does an advertising campaign cost and what options you have to make the most of your advertising campaign.